As we live in huts or houses. Similarly animals and birds build their homes. Wild animals live in forests. Birds build nests on trees, cliffs or on the ground. Man also builds some shelters for animals. Let us know some of them.
Honey bee Hive
Exercise 1 :- Answer the following questions :
Que 1. Where dose a lion live?
Que 2. Where dose a dog live?
Que 3. Where dose a honey bee live?
Que 4. Where dose a rabbit live?
Que 5. Where dose a rat live?
Animals / Birds Sounds
Cats Meow / Purr
Cows Moo / Low
Dogs Bark (Woof woof bow wow)
Donkey Bray (Hee-Haw)
Monkey Whoop / Chatter
Pigs Grunt (Oink)
Goats Bleat (Naa)
Sheep Bleat (Baa)
Snakes Hiss (Sss)
Beer Buzz / Hum
Birds Chirp / Peep / Twitter
Crows Caw / Kaak
Cock Crow (Cock-a-doodle-doo)
Hen Cluck cluck
Duck Quack quack
Exercise 1 :- What sounds do the following animals make :
- Cats [ ]
- Cows [ ]
- Donkeys [ ]
- Horses [ ]
- Sheep [ ]
Exercise 2 : – Match the animals with their sounds :
- Ducks 1. Caws
- Dogs 2. Buzz
- Camels 3. Roars
- Lion 4. Bark
- Beer 5. Quack
- Crow 6. Grump
CHOOSE THE RIGHT WORD.
There are some universal saying that are always true look at the following sentences:
- The sun shines during the day.
- The moon shines at night.
- The stars twinkle at night.
- The sun rises in the east.
- The sun sets in the west.
- Fish live in water.
- Birds fly in the sky.
- Cows give us milk.
- Cows eat grass.
- The whale is the largest water animal.
- Peacocks dance in the rainy season.
- The sunflower always faces the sun.
- A crow is black.
- The sky is blue.
- A week has seven days.
- There are twelve months in the year.
- The earth is round.
- The earth revolves round the sun.
- The moon revolves round the earth.
- Two and two make four.
- There are but two sides of a coin.
- There are millions of stars in the sky.
- Plants gives us fresh air.
- Plants help to bring rain.
- We cannot live without air.
There are numerous such saying which are true. We cannot quote them all here. Here are some exercises where you have to choose/ pick the right word .
Exarcise 1 :- Choose the right words from the brackets and fill in the blank spaces . The first one has been done for you;-
- Fish line in water. (in water/on land)
- Birds ______ in the sky.(swim/ fly)
- We see with our ______ . (eyes/ears)
- We smell with our ______ . (ears/nose)
- We hear with our ______ . (ears/eyes)
- We taste with our ______ . (tongue/lips)
- We need ______ and _____ to line. (air and water/milk and bread)
- _______ are good for our health. (fruits/chocolates)
- Sugar is ______ . (sweet/sour)
- Butter and cheese are made of _______ . (milk/water)
- Bread is made of _______ . (floor/flour)
- Apples are _______ . (red/blue)
- A dog is a faithful ______ . (animal/bird)
- Lion is a ________ animal. (domestic/wild)
- Ships sail on _____ . (water/land)
- A rainbow has ________ colours. (seven/ten)
- We must eat _______ food. (fresh/stale)
- We should not play with _______ . (fire/toys)
Exarcise 2 :- Here are some sentences with almost similar sounding words. Fill in the blanks with the right word .
- Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a _____ of water. (pale/pail)
- Baa, Baa Black _______ . (ship/sheep) Have you any ______ . (wool/cool)
- My grandmother told me a _______ . (tail/tale)
- The monkey has a long ______. (tail/tale)
- The hen lays _______. (eggs/legs)
- Birds lay eggs in ______. (nests/vests)
- Ship _____ in water. (sail/rail)
- A lion lines in a _____. (den/pen)
- Goat’s baby is called a ______ . (kid/lid)
- _______ gives us wool. (Ship/Sheep)
- Mother cooks foods in a _______. (pen/pan)
- Birds have ______ (rings/wings)
- He plays in a _______ . (band/hand)
- We ______with our hands. (clap/tap)
- We ______ with our feet. (clap/tap)